Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

Happy New Year's Eve! 

We spent the morning being lazy and cozy - listening to music, dancing with the boy, eating French toast and tater tots, with many cups of coffee as it is freezing outside! We followed that up with a short ride, where I saw many magical things. A swooping hawk, clouds edged in rainbows, and an 80 year old woman dressed in head to toe black leather, snow blowing her walk and driveway, with perfectly coiffed hair. We are home now, and I plan on spending a few hours cleaning, as is a New Year's Eve tradition for our family. We must start the new year with a clean house, actual cash in our pockets, and the first person into our home after midnight needs to be a dark haired man. Tomorrow we will honor my husband's traditions, and eat a Southern good luck dinner.

I haven't been great at posting lately, holidays and then that weird period between Christmas and New Years where you just flounder about I spent putting together and playing with toddler toys. Wyatt and I had a great time playing with his new stuff - and he also enjoyed playing in an empty Amazon box. Lol. 

I am not sure if I met my Goodreads challenge or not, as I was terrible at entering my reads this year! I am going to do better next year though. And finally, I posted my favorite reads of 2017! Did you read any of them? Like them, love them, hate them?

Read:



Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe was a fun read before the holiday season. It was easy and quick and fit into my schedule. It was lighthearted, which helped with stress. It was a perfect read!

There's No Such Thing as Bad Weather was an excellent read! I plan on reviewing it soon, as I had many thoughts.

The River at Night I am only halfway through but I am loving it. It is scary, tension filled, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Reading Next:

I'm thinking I am going to start the year off with the sequel to The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower. My first book of the year last year was The Bear, so it would be neat to follow it up with the sequel this year. I'm a nerd, I know. 



Watching:

Longmire. We love this show so so much and I am sad that this is the last season. We are also watching The Ranch. We are all Western over here. We just finished up Mindhunter, which blew my mind it was so awesome. And scary! I need a season 2 right now!


Here's to a great 2018 everyone! Stay safe tonight, call a friend, call a cab, call an Uber, but don't drink and drive! :)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good morning! Hope you guys have a great New Years!!

    The River at Night looks awesome, I might need to get that!

    I'm a few episodes into Longmire and starting to get really intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The River at Night is pretty good! It has a lot of tension and kind of freaks me out! Lol. And Longmire is one of my favorite shows - it is so good!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I forgot about The River at Night. I still need to read that one. :) I hope you guys have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good!! It is a fast read too, I just started it and I am almost done, something that doesn't happen around here much anymore! Lol. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I want to read that P&P book even though it's GR ratings are below a 3. I have The Ranch on my List on Netflix. What fun times you are having and I am so curious about your neighbor blowing snow in all leather. She go lookin' all The Matrix.
    Yay for lovely holidays and a blessed and fun, adventurous :*:.。.:*(´∀`*)Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!*:.。.:*: to you and the ohana. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not the best book I have read, but it was definitely entertaining and perfect for an easy distraction! :) Lol. I think the P&P part of it was a bit loose, almost really non existent. The Ranch is pretty good, but they swear in it, a lot. That woman in the snow was a sight! I guess though if it kept her warm, more power to her? Lol.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the book cheers, Erin!

      Delete
  4. Great way to spend New Years. Loved River At Night on audio. Will check out the P&P book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cozy little New Years this year, but still fun. I don't know about your side of the state, but we had horrific wind chills that brought us to like 20 or 30 below! Not many people went out, I don't think. Lol. I really enjoyed The River at Night! I think the author did a great job with creating tension.

      The P&P book was a fun read. :) The P&P part of it though, I thought was pretty loose. I wouldn't have made a connection really on my own. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.